PDA

View Full Version : STOP ERROR 100000EA

mrgibber
11-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Hopefully some one can help,when i ever i go to play call of duty 2 or need for speed most wanted,I keep getting a stop error which restarts my computer.The stop error is 100000EA says driver caught in loop on graphics card,Ive got latest driver for video card.I have an nvidia 6600 installed on my computer.I know these games run on directx 9.c.any one please help as what hair i have left ive nearly pulled out thanks.

Chewie
11-03-2006, 12:05 PM
Can you post a list of your hardware, as most restart problems can be tracked back to either a heat issue or a power issue.
Have you checked to see what you comps temps are (BIOS, and any running system utils like MBM5 or SPeedFan are saying)?

unkn0wnvariable
11-03-2006, 05:14 PM
If you haven't already, try an earlier driver and check the AGP aperture in your BIOS is set to 64Mb.

What is your motherboard?

gwendes
13-03-2006, 12:23 PM
It would be a good idea to get the RAM checked out. BSOD errors are sometimes inaccurate and a memory check is a good place to start diagnostics.

See this (http://forum.novatech.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=32) post

lofty
23-03-2006, 12:36 PM
I too have the same problem with call of duty this seems to cause my system to restart after a stop error more and more often now.
I tried cleaning mySystem in case it was dust causing an over heat but that seems to not have worked ...
I tried burning the memory test to cd - but I am not clever enough to get it to work - Can any one help?

Nox
23-03-2006, 01:06 PM
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=293078&sd=RMVP

A 100000EA is essentially the same as a 0x000000EA, from what I remember... Good luck.

Nox

Danno
23-03-2006, 01:07 PM
I tried burning the memory test to cd

is it a memtest86 cd you are trying to use?

once you have burnt the iso using something like nero you have to boot the system with the cd in the drive. if you try accessing the cd in windows it will show as a blank cd.

when you start the system with the cd in the drive you should see a message that says press any key to boot to cd, when you see this just hit the space bar a few times.

if you dont see the press any key message you may need to change the boot sequence in the bios. information on this can be found in most motherboard manuals.

lofty
23-03-2006, 02:56 PM
ahh ... I have no manual just a Quick View guide - So don't have the instructions - It is a Win Fast boeard came with a barebones bundle and amd 2200 sempron chip set
Thanks lofty

lofty
23-03-2006, 02:56 PM
ahh ... I have no manual just a Quick View guide - So don't have the instructions - It is a Win Fast boeard came with a barebones bundle and amd 2200 sempron chip set
Thanks lofty

Danno
23-03-2006, 03:12 PM
here is how to set the boot sequence in the bios.

power on the system.[/*:m:3d5l6dzh]
keep tapping the delete key until you get into the bios.[/*:m:3d5l6dzh]
when in the bios use the arrow keys to highlight the advanced bios or advanced cmos setup, hit return when highlighted.[/*:m:3d5l6dzh]
when in the advanced setup change the boot sequence to,
1st boot device CD-ROM.
2nd boot device IDE0 or HDD1.
3rd boot device Floppy.[/*:m:3d5l6dzh]
press F10 to save and exit.[/*:m:3d5l6dzh]

lofty
23-03-2006, 06:49 PM
I have run the memory test - 2 hours 4 passes and no errors identified?
What next???
Thanks Lofty

Kremmen
24-03-2006, 08:42 AM
For a list and explanation of the most common Stop error codes go >> HERE << (http://thevistaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=109)

Danc1978
24-03-2006, 10:33 AM
i would definately point at the graphics card itself, one i would check call of duty and go in on safe mode of game and check your display setting it might be set too high, call of duty 2 is very graphics hungry, but u can set it to run on dx7 which is much better for your card, i have a 7800 GT and i have mine set to dx 7 as well cos it runs much smoother with it.

maybe even try different driver to the bog standard nvidia driver, check out ngo drivers here http://www.ngohq.com

Nox
30-03-2006, 11:02 AM
in a rather spooky turn of events, I had this a few nights ago while playing Oblivion, so took the oportunity to update the nvidia drivers - Hasn't happened since, but was only a "one off" crash anyway so updating the drivers may, or may not have cured it.

Nox

lofty
30-03-2006, 03:48 PM
I have tried a complete reinstall of xp now and tried new graphics drivers I m getting this error now even when not playing COD 2
I am at my witts end now - the stop errors don't relate to my error either i'm afraid

Nox
30-03-2006, 07:33 PM
I take it you don't have spare gfx card to try?

What card is it you have? and what drivers are you using?

Nox

lofty
04-04-2006, 09:15 AM
I am using an fx5200 nvidea agp card - i am going to borrow a gfx card from a friend who has one to lend -
i have tried all the drivers from nvidia and theBF2 game and the one suggest above - still unstable playing COD2 and restarts within 5 mins of game play
the cpu temp is fine -
and mem test was clear
I will see how I go with the other card next week - then throw the system out the window

Danc1978
04-04-2006, 11:23 AM
can i ask 1 what driver you are using now and what your graphics card is.

also check this support link from microsoft.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318023

Dan

lofty
04-04-2006, 02:03 PM
I am currentley using an Nvidia 5200 wiht the ngohq driver as reccomended to try
I have a sempron 2200 processor and 512mb of memory

Danc1978
04-04-2006, 02:33 PM
ok then i would wait till u can try your friends graphics card and then see what happens. and let us know

Dan

Aaronje
05-04-2006, 03:48 PM
I am currently running a Nvidia 6600GT at the moment.
I have experienced the same problems before, I can't remember my resolution to it though.

The problems I have experienced is tearing while playing Counter-Strike. The only problem is I hadn't experienced this till I booted Return To Castle Wolfenstein. I had been running Counter-Strike fine with no V-Sync but now I cannot run it. [I could run HL2, DOOM III fine before]

I've been getting 100000ea aswell. As I do not have another rig to put the Video Card in I will be switching to a GeForce 4 soon to test if it is the card.

If it is the card then I don't know why it would be because this has happened before but I also managed to fix it :roll:.
I don't think it's heat related or power related.
The Forceware version I've been using is 84.21, I reverted back to 77.77 but with no luck. I've always been running in DirectX 9.0c.

Yet to some extent I've been running it fine in 60hz instead of 85hz as usual with v-sync. I only just switched it to 85hz and I experienced problems again but more delayed than usual.

I hope this helps, and I hope you can help me :/.

lofty
15-04-2006, 08:41 PM
Well I have tried my friends older Graphics card an MX400 and I am still getting the stop error .
It is less frequent than when the 5200 was in but still enough to be anoying and I can't play any modern game.
I am going to revert back to the Fx5200 but wonder if a Radeon ATi type card may be the cure??

Hope U can help ,

kd116
21-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Hello,

I'm running in the same kinds of troubles here:
I'm running a AMD64 3500+ with 1GB of Ram and an ATI Radeon X600 PCI-E. When running Windows XP normally, using Internet Explorer or Outlook Express there's no problem at all, except for a cli.exe error after logging on. I tried to fix that using other Radeon drivers.
But no mather what driver I use, when playing games (GTA San Andreas, Call of Duty 2, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Civilization 4, GTA Vice City,...), after a couple of minutes in the game my system crashes and I get an 100000ea error.
I think it's got something to do with my video card, but I want to make sure I'm right before I walk out to buy a new one.

axetroll
07-03-2007, 03:21 PM
I had sucess correcting this.

It would be too bad if that was the card itself.
I have a gigabyte motherboard with the award sux bios.

Downgrade the memory from 200mhz to 100mhz and all games back to work!

teknokid
08-03-2007, 07:55 AM
with half memory bus? id recomend new mobo's/a barebone.

Neverton
11-06-2007, 07:16 AM
Hello,

I'm running in the same kinds of troubles here:
I'm running a AMD64 3500+ with 1GB of Ram and an ATI Radeon X600 PCI-E. When running Windows XP normally, using Internet Explorer or Outlook Express there's no problem at all, except for a cli.exe error after logging on. I tried to fix that using other Radeon drivers.
But no mather what driver I use, when playing games (GTA San Andreas, Call of Duty 2, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Civilization 4, GTA Vice City,...), after a couple of minutes in the game my system crashes and I get an 100000ea error.
I think it's got something to do with my video card, but I want to make sure I'm right before I walk out to buy a new one.

Yesterday i got a error when i played BF2 (battlefield 2). This error was 100000eu, related to my screen drivers.. The thing is that i have played BF2 with this pc and with the same drivers (and all other stuff) for many many months, without any trouble at all.. But suddenly yesterday i got this errors.

I might try http://forum.novatech.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=32 (Memory test) but i think this will not help me. Why? Because it seems to mee that my pc is still running, but that my screeen shuts down. Can it be the temperature on my Radeon X600 card? It's 2.5 years old. Can it be because of dust on it, or a fan (on the screen-card) thats not working?

If it was memory-error the hole computer would die, not just the screen.. I think. The first time this happend the sound goes on for 10-30 sec after the crash, just like nothing happend. Then i reebot, got error message http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g191/Neverton/DATAerror10062007.jpg. I then updated my radeon x600 drivers, restart pc, and tried again.

The second time the same happend. After 10 minutes of BF2 playing with no trouble the screen died (no signal) and the sound changed. From normal "game sound" to a high ugly sound going in "pulse".. High ugly sound for 3-5 sec, no sound for 3-5 sec, high ugly sound for 3-5 sec, no sound for... (you get the picture).

I have checked dxdiag and no errors at all to see there. Since i have played without any trouble at all, i don't think it can be anything like that.. I might have gotten some automatic windows stuff, but i have also tried to start the system like i did some days before this error (Even if i have not installed or updated anything since i last played without any trouble at all). But the same error happend.

I have had this computer for 2.5 years with no errors. I have a fan that make some more sound now than in the beginning, but should not the computer go 100% quiet if it's a main fan thats not working? It seems to me like the screen just looses it signals and therfore turns it selfs off.

If it's a temperature problem, why does windows xp say nothing about it in it's error-message (look at picture above, some text in Norwegian at the pic, sorry for that). And does anyone know where i can check/record the temperature on my cpu, prosessor and/or radeon x600 card..?

Thanks for all help/tips/anything..

Neverton

Ben
11-06-2007, 08:18 AM
When you say your PC is still running but the screen switches off, are you sure your PC hasn't locked up? Are you still getting normal response from your PC ? e.g. Does for instance the the Caps Lock light still go on and off when you hit the button?

It sounds like either the Power supply is failing or the memory is failing.

I would guess the memory on you GFX card is starting to fail as a starting point.

Neverton
11-06-2007, 09:28 AM
When you say your PC is still running but the screen switches off, are you sure your PC hasn't locked up? Are you still getting normal response from your PC ? e.g. Does for instance the the Caps Lock light still go on and off when you hit the button?

It sounds like either the Power supply is failing or the memory is failing.

I would guess the memory on you GFX card is starting to fail as a starting point.
It sounds like it's still running, but "alt+tab", "crtl+alt+delete", and so on does not have any visible effect. I will try caps lock to see if light on keyboard comes on/off. I have not tried that. It also feels for me like the pc is still running since i have to turn it off (button in front) or remove the power cabel from behind the pc (take away the electrisity). But i don't know (anything) for sure. I might wait a long time just to see what happens.. If it reboots by it self after 10 minutes or something like that..

I might open it and look at the radeon x600 card later today.. For dust. Since this error only happens when i play BF2. Not risk2, internett, or anything else (that needs less screen-card boost..). If it was memory (in the pc, not radeon x600 card) it will crash anytime.. Or? I don't know. I just know i did not had this problem at all before yesterday, and i have not installed anything. Updating drivers did not help at all.

How can i check if It sounds like either the Power supply is failing or the memory is failing. or I would guess the memory on you GFX card is starting to fail as a starting point.? But if the power supply is failing, should not the computer lose power too and not "just" the screen and/or "just" the radeon x600-screencard?

Thanks for all answers!! This really bugs me.. So thanks for all (possible) help!

Ben
11-06-2007, 11:25 AM
This is quite a common symptom of Graphics card memory failing. The screen blanks, fans etc on your PC stay on and the sound loops. The PC will normall have locked up at this point. One of the reasons this will happen when you are playing BF2 is because it is a 3d game which will use the graphics memory on your card.

The reason I say PSU, is because when you card is drawing a power to render the graphics, the PSU doesn't keep up with the demand and the card fails. As it is no longer drawing power at point of failure the rest of the system is continued to be supplied with power. This can be similar symptoms to above but sometime you machine just lock or reboot.

One thing that may help to identify the problem. Go to System in the control Panel. Click the Settings button under Startup and Recovery and ensure Automatically Restart is unticked. This may cause you machine to Bluescreen of Death (BSOD) instead of just going blank (this is a good thing!). On this bluescreen will be a fault code (will look like 0x000004f), and maybe a description of what it thinks has caused the problem. Write this info down and post it here.

Neverton
12-06-2007, 11:15 AM
One thing that may help to identify the problem. Go to System in the control Panel. Click the Settings button under Startup and Recovery and ensure Automatically Restart is unticked. This may cause you machine to Bluescreen of Death (BSOD) instead of just going blank (this is a good thing!). On this bluescreen will be a fault code (will look like 0x000004f), and maybe a description of what it thinks has caused the problem. Write this info down and post it here.I tried this, found the place to untick the automatically restart, did so. Tried to play BF2. Got the same error, but nothing happend. At all. Vell, except me getting dissapointed and the computer making the same noice from the BF2 over and over again (with a high ugly sound to..). I had to turn of the pc to get it to "live" again, and it started compleatly normal. No BSOD...

I tried to use caps lock to see if the light in my keyboard turned on/off after the crach (like someone here succested me to try) but i had forgotten that my keyboard have no lights at all to anyone of the "lock" buttons. So i'm not sure how to check that. But i can tell that i cant turn up/down any sound from the pc.. (the sound thats go round and round over and over again.. same 3-5 sec.. Uggh..).

Might it help to find the trouble if i have a radeon 7000 (i think it's called that) to use to check if it's working then..? I have a radeon x600 card now (256 mb), but if it's not the screencard that's gone to h... Well, then i really don't know what to do. One last question: Vill Radeon 7000 fit my computer instead of Radeon x600..? Anyone know?

Again thanks for all help!

Ben
12-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Hi again. I did say it may BSOD.

I just Googled for the Radeon 7000. It seems like a very old card and probably not worth the effort. It doesn't support DX9 so you probably wouldn't be able to play BF2. :?

Neverton
14-06-2007, 03:36 PM
The solution was "simply" to clean inside my computer.. :oops:
It was a lot of dust inside it. Very much..

Thanks for all the truble, and thanks for all the answers!

phil
03-09-2007, 05:34 PM
hi this post may be old now but iv been having this problem to iv tryed everything u have said

it started getting this when i tryed Dirt and bioshock they just shutdown my computer

iv got http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/spec ... -86gt5&P=0 (http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?nov-86gt5&P=0)

problem i can play lost planet on max, Counter-Strike Source on max and other games on max and i get no problems with these games

i was starting to think it may be the gfx card but im not sure what i can do don't think i can take the gfx card back i got it on the 7th of august