Thread: Foxconn motherboard RC4107MA

Newcomer
    Thanks

Default Foxconn motherboard RC4107MA

I ordered a motherboard bundle* from Novatech 16th March, order number 3980033.
    *Motherboard Bundle = Foxconn motherboard (RC4107MA) bundled with an Intel Dual Core 945 3.4GHz LGA775 1024Mb DDR Memory, Heat sink and fan, stock code MBB-DC9451.

Based on the technical advise received I also purchased from Novatech a 24 pin HIPER 425 WATT 18db Silent PSU.

After examining the goods I found that the processor cooler was not seated correctly. I did my best to resolve this problem and then installed the MB bundle. The systems started, recognised the DVD player (XP disk in), attempted to boot from the DVD and then immediately powered off.

On restart I was able to press delete and enter the CMOS set up but power off still happened after a few seconds so I could not check settings. I proceeded to minimise hardware, change/swap leads, reassemble system, but all to no avail.

The MB Bundle was returned to Novatech and a new bundle provide, 30th March 2007.

This time I did not install the MB. Instead I laid it on the bag it came in, connected the screen, keyboard, mouse and power cables and then switched the power on. The processor fan turned and the MB immediately started to beep continuously and did nothing else.

I then disconnected all peripheral items except the power supply and used a metal-tipped screwdriver to momentarily bridge the two power switch header pins.
    Again the MB immediately started to beep loudly and continuous.
    Next I removed the memory and re-seated this. Same result.
    I then removed the battery and replaced this. Again the MB immediately started to beep loudly and continuous.

Am I unlucky or can you advise likely problem based on these observations and beep code.

How can/should this be remedied

Dedicated Follower
    Thanks

This time I did not install the MB. Instead I laid it on the bag it came in, connected the screen, keyboard, mouse and power cables and then switched the power on.
    I think you may have fried your Motherboard. :shock: :shock:
    ------------------------------
    Phenom II 550BE, Sapphire 5770 Vapor-X, Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, MSi 790GX-G65, 4GB G.Skill RipjawPC3-12800C7, Hiper Type R 580W, Antec 900 (V1).
    ------------------------------

Avid Fan
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    This time I did not install the MB. Instead I laid it on the bag it came in, connected the screen, keyboard, mouse and power cables and then switched the power on.
    I think you may have fried your Motherboard. :shock: :shock:
    agreed. anti-static bags by design are non-conductive on the INSIDE. its definately not best practice to use the metallicy (technical term) surface on the outside.

however, if you are getting a beep code, then the board is functioning to some extent. The question is, what are the nature of the beeps?

For example, continuous beeping, where all the beeps are the same length and same distance apart indicates RAM generally, whereas a group of 8 beeps in 2 small groups (3 quick, 5 slow) is usually indicative of graphics memory.

I am sure danno posted some beep code meanings many moons ago....

Newcomer
    Thanks

The laying on the bag it came in was as instructed by Novatech technical support !!!.

Avid Fan
    Thanks

:shock:

Dedicated Follower
    Thanks

:roll: We have all done it lol. I have this exact mother board at home for my dads pc. Very reliable. Tell me, is the 4 pin 12V connaction connected up to the 4 pin power connaction next to the CPU? Is the CMOS battotry properly seated? What RAM are you useing? did it come with the motherboard or did you buy it? Is the PSU generic or branded as Generic and cheap PSU's are renound to be **** and makes your motherboard go £$%"£$%"£$%. DEAD!!!!......

lol.

Tell me everything you have in this machine and please put a link to the componets web page please. Anything displaying on the screen? if so tell me.
    MB = Asus Maximus Formula
    CPU = Intel Q6600.
    RAM = 4 x DDR2 800MHZ 1GB of G.Skill Ram.
    HD = 6 x WD SATAII 250GB Drives. 4 are RAID-0.
    Case = CoolerMaster Stacker STC-01.
    PSU = Enermax Galaxy 1000 W Power Supply
    Optical = 2 x LG DVD Drives with all the tassle..
    Cooling = HS&F
    and also 3 x 120mm fans. 3 x 80mm Fans.
    2 x XFX ATI HD 5770 GFX Cards in Crossfire.

Devotee
    Thanks

he said it was a 480w hiper psu.... i have one, great psu loved it!