Thread: Mouse Drivers

Newcomer
    Thanks

Default Mouse Drivers

Hi,

A little while back, I bought the Belkin USB Mouse for my girlfriend, who is going to soon get a laptop. While the mouse works fine for her home machine (running windows xp), it doesn't work on my laptop (the X60i) running Home Premium.

As she's getting an HP Pavillion pretty soon with Vista Home Premium on it, I was wondering if there are any new drivers or anything that will make the mouse Vista Compatible (as Novatech still stocks it and claims all their productsare vista compatible).

This is the mouse (as I haven't actually mentioned it's proper name with all my waffling: http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/s...tml?BEL-F8E893.

I've tried the belkin site with no luck, I just hope you (novatech), have the drivers somewhere to make it work with Vista, as she really likes the mouse (a silly thing to get attached to but hey), and would be pretty upset if it wasn't compatible with her laptop.

Thanks,

-Micael

Thanks

Hmmmm as its USB mouse it should work without any drivers.

Does it not work at all or is there some feature on it that does not work.

Does the Vista machine detect the mouse??
    John Cooper
    R&D / Production Manager
    Novatech Ltd - Portsmouth HQ

Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / Intel Core i7 920 / 6GB DDR3 G.Skill PI Black Edition / Zotac GTX470 1280MB / Corsair TX850 / Creative X-Fi Titanium

Newcomer
    Thanks

Yeah that's what I thought,

My laptop detects the mouse, but then fails- it says something to do about the inf file not being written for windows 95- could I please try using a newer OS?

It's strange as it works fine on XP, but only brings up this error on Vista.

Newcomer
    Thanks

Well I think it must just be my laptop. Her HP uses it fine, absolutely no problem.