Thread: Gigabyte ga-z68ap-d3

Apprentice
    Thanks

Thumbs Up Gigabyte ga-z68ap-d3

Looking for that stepping-stone to Z68? GIGABYTE's new Z68AP-D3 is worth considering. My review below guys, hope you like it!

READ THE FULL REVIEW!

BUY AT NOVATECH!

i7 3770K GTX680 OC MSI Z77A-GD65 OCZ RevoDrive3 X2 - VORTEZ TV!

Thanks

looks good for a budget bord. pretty impressive benchies as it was compared to higher end competion.

Apprentice
    Thanks

yeah, if you aren't bothered about how it looks and want to save some pennies its a good move!

i7 3770K GTX680 OC MSI Z77A-GD65 OCZ RevoDrive3 X2 - VORTEZ TV!

Thanks

It's a Gigabyte board, what do you expect other than quality and what it says on the tin, best boards imo.

Avid Fan
    Thanks

Well I got one of these boards today and its DOA.. first time i plugged it in, it completed post (minimal components to check).
    I plug in my additional hardware, Hdds, dvd writer, etc.
    Now all it does is continually reboot, not getting past post. (If you google its a common fault!!)
    PSU is fine, was working prior to change over.
    I was recommended this board on here and now i regret it.
    Already have a returns number and i will be taking it personally to Portsmouth to get it replaced.
    Could it be the G-Skill ram I purchased with it? Hmm
    Last edited by louisbs; 16-12-2011 at 05:11 PM.
    Antec 900, ThermalTake 750w, Gigabyte Z68, i5 2500k @ 3.3Ghz, G-Skill DDR3 1600mhz 16Gb, 460 GTX 1Gb, 3Tb , LG MultiBlue, iiyama 24", Windows 7 x64 on RAID 1 with 2 x 1Tb with 60GB SSD Cache.
    Server = P31 mobo, E2160, 2Gb RAM, 5Tb, 8400GS, LiteOn Burner, Windows 7

Newcomer
    Thanks

I bought it last week for my cousin. No complain until now :P

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noayenl View Post
    I bought it last week for my cousin. No complain until now :P

Neither did Louis above you, he just forgot to update his reply once he realised it had different first boot methods to what he was used to, so from here on ignore that one we sorted it for him and anyone else who buys one and gets looping re-boots on first install, this is normal it's the bios configuring itself to your hw.

Newcomer
    Thanks

my friend tweeted me that giga uk has promo for this board - there is contest at bit.ly/Aryrd2 where you can win it. entered

Avid Fan
    Thanks

It turned out that the primary bios was corrupted (maybe it was me switching it off when I was happy with first power up to add the rest of my hardware). It shouldn't loop for the 3 hours that i was staring at it.
    After figuring out how to recover from the backup bios, all has been well ever since, also i have updated the bios and cleared the settings, but that required 1 reboot?!?
    Since then I have added another 8GB of DDR3 & a 60GB SSD as a cache. It didn't need to reboot many times for that.. I put them in and turned the machine on.. done.
    Soo boo to you lol

I would of considered your explanation for the problem, but you didn't see how long it was doing it and you thought I was an idiot. Which is why i did not respond back here. I don't mash reset buttons, I troubleshoot methodically. This is not the 1st PC i have built for myself!!!
    That was the only explanation you were giving me and I felt like I was hitting a brick wall, even though I explained it was not getting near booting or checking the hard disks were there to begin with, yet you insisted it was because I was running a raid system!!
    Besides when I figured out the issue it still booted from my old install without issues, i could use it fully too, but i decided to be thorough and I did a full reinstall.

So I am 100% happy with the board.

But now unless you can be constructive and listen to my issues, i will never post about issues with hardware here ever again.
    Last edited by louisbs; 01-05-2012 at 07:33 PM.
    Antec 900, ThermalTake 750w, Gigabyte Z68, i5 2500k @ 3.3Ghz, G-Skill DDR3 1600mhz 16Gb, 460 GTX 1Gb, 3Tb , LG MultiBlue, iiyama 24", Windows 7 x64 on RAID 1 with 2 x 1Tb with 60GB SSD Cache.
    Server = P31 mobo, E2160, 2Gb RAM, 5Tb, 8400GS, LiteOn Burner, Windows 7

Novatech Uber Techie
    Thanks

A word to all: please be respectful of others. We are all here to be helped or to help - never to denigrate. Peace.
    Novatech Managed Services/Network Operations Centre

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Thanks

I didn't consider you an idiot I tried to help you, next time call NT or Gigabyte cos this shop is closed.
    Last edited by Musthaveittoday; 02-05-2012 at 02:42 AM.