Thread: card reader driver

Newcomer
    Thanks

Default card reader driver

hi guys i need some help, i am looking for a packard bell card driver ,12 IN 1 GO-C92FA DRIVERS but i can not find it anywhere .
    plz help me
    cheers smithy

Novatech Uber Techie
    Thanks

Hi smith192

The best thing to do is got to http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/support-drivers.html, enter the model of your HP unit. You should find all relevant drivers there including for the card reader.
    If that does't work out then obtain the vendor and device IDs of the card reader and repy back with that information and your version of windows. Here's how to get the IDs:

1)
    For Windows 7 & Vista:
    Click START, type DEVMGMT.MSC, press ENTER, If asked if you wish to continue then confirm, locate the card read under OTHER DEVICES or MEMORY TECHNOLOGY DRIVER. It'll have a yellow question mark or exclamation mark on it. Right-click on the device (or if there is more - not unusual with card readers - than one then the first one), click on PROPERTIES, Click on the DETAILS tab. Click on the DEVICE DESCRIPTION dropdown menu, select HARDWRARE IDs.
    For Windows XP:
    Click START, click RUN, type DEVMGMT.MSC, press ENTER. Locate the card read under OTHER DEVICES or MEMORY TECHNOLOGY DRIVER. It'll have a yellow question mark or exclamation mark on it. Right-click on the device (or if there is more - not unusual with card readers - than one then the first one), click on PROPERTIES, Click on the DETAILS tab. HARDWRARE IDs will already be selected.

2)
    You'll see something like (but not the same as) this:
    PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_84321043&REV_06

You need the 4 digits after VEN_ and DEV_
    SO for the above it'll be VEN = 10EC and DEV = 8168
    Novatech Managed Services/Network Operations Centre

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD