Thread: BB-61004A Power, no post

Newcomer
    Thanks

Default BB-61004A Power, no post

Hi.

I bought your AMD 6 core barebones bundle (BB-61004A) and I am unable to get it started. I have tried everything in this sticky at the top of the page to no avail.

Can the board post suggestions of what I should do?

Thanks

El_Zilcho
    Last edited by El_Zilcho666; 03-02-2012 at 03:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks

What have you added? Dose the PC "POST" before you add any of the bits?

What OS have you installed? Or have you not got that far?

Newcomer
    Thanks

hi.

I have not got as far as the bios yet alone OS installation. After a bit of googling it seems that I need to update the bios for the motherboard to recognise FX series cpus (you would think novatech would test it works before shipping) but I would need to use a supported cpu to update the bios, which I can't afford so I am considering returning the system and shopping elsewhere.

Regards

El_Zilcho666

Thanks

It will have the BIOS version to support the FX CPU.

Have you added anything to the barebones? If so what? It would be worth disconnecting anything you added so its back to the barebones and work from there. It could be possible during transit that something has come slightly loose

i7 950 4Ghz, Asus Sabertooth, Patriot Sector 7 6GB, Inno3D GTX580, Nova Powerstation 1000w, Yellow/black Silverstone TJ07, XSPC Rasa, EK GTX580 block, Black Ice GTS 360, Liang D5

Newcomer
    Thanks

I have stripped everything apart from cpu and ram, still no luck. I have unplugged everything and reinserted just to make sure. I just don't know what it could be. I have noticed that the screw for the cpu stand-off by the ram socket was a bit wonky so I tried to rescrew it to no avail, the stand-off is off centre by less than a millimetre.

Thanks

Sounds like its a dodgy psu. Got a spare to quickly test with?

i7 950 4Ghz, Asus Sabertooth, Patriot Sector 7 6GB, Inno3D GTX580, Nova Powerstation 1000w, Yellow/black Silverstone TJ07, XSPC Rasa, EK GTX580 block, Black Ice GTS 360, Liang D5

Newcomer
    Thanks

Ah, I don't have any spare parts lying around.

Thanks

You local to one of the stores?

Thanks

If you haven't got a graphic card or on board graphics you won't see anything.

Can you answer Asce properly and list what you are adding to the barebones.

If it appears simply dead, first make sure the psu switch on the rear of the case is in the on position, and also that the MB battery isn't loose.

Further to that can you say exactly what you are seeing, is there anything onscreen, does the machine come alive or remain totally dark etc, can't help if you make us guess everything mate.

If it does nothing and the psu is on I'd say you have a duff case switch, sadly you've picked what they offer and those cases aren't what you call proper cases, they are make do ones, if you do have to replace it ask them to swap it out for a Zalman Z9 to keep further costs down, this should be no more than £15 to £25 extra by my estimation, ramp it up to an extra £50 and have either a Fractal R3 or Corsair 400R.

If you could do a picture of the MB and internals and post it here it would help, try to get close ups of the case header pins and the cpu area, don't do what Zryth has just linked, you don't wanna be frying it, what he's suggested is ideal when you have no back up left, if you fry it NT will disown it.
    Last edited by Musthaveittoday; 04-02-2012 at 10:36 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks

make sure you PSU is actually working
    here's a video on how to jumpstart it

Newcomer
    Thanks

I dont think the psu is at a fault, the lights turn on, hard drives spin up but the motherboard doesent post or show any sign of activity apart from the cpu fan spinning. I am not near any of the stores (scotland )

Thanks

Sound possibly like the RAM them. Test each stick at a time if you havent

Thanks

Is it a gigabyte board.

Thanks

Believe it is with the barebones.

Thanks

If it is a Gigabyte board, boot it and leave it to loop, after 10 or so loops max, it will boot, it's how they set themselves up 1st time, just turn it on and go have a cup of tea and wait.