Thread: Which 24" Iiyama?

Newcomer
    Thanks

Default Which 24" Iiyama?

I'm in the market for a new monitor after 8 years with an Iiyama 19" panel.

My budget is a max of £200 and I am looking for a 24" panel. It's primarily going to be used for gaming.

Given my experience with my current panel I am looking at another Iiyama and I've narrowed it down to two LED panels:

An E2473HSD:
    http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/m...473hds-b1.html

or an E2475HSD:
    http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/m...475hds-b1.html

Is there any difference between the two panels aside from the matt/gloss bezel? Also my current Iiyama has a VESA mount which I may transfer to the new panel, however, on the two panels I can't see if the stub for the included stands can be removed.

Cheers for any advice.

Thanks

Why not http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/m.../x2377hds.html

Same res, but uses a better panel.

i7 950 4Ghz, Asus Sabertooth, Patriot Sector 7 6GB, Inno3D GTX580, Nova Powerstation 1000w, Yellow/black Silverstone TJ07, XSPC Rasa, EK GTX580 block, Black Ice GTS 360, Liang D5

Newcomer
    Thanks

I wasn't looking at IPS panels as from what I have read I understand the response time is slower.

Newcomer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kovacs84 View Post
    I wasn't looking at IPS panels as from what I have read I understand the response time is slower.
    IPS panels do usually have a slightly slower response time, but you tend to get better viewing angles and more accurate colours. (That's why they're preferred by graphics designers, and usually more expensive.) It all depends what it's being used for really.

Looking at the one posted above, at least it's definitely VESA mountable, and it says a 5ms response time which to be fair is pretty speedy.

Thanks

you won't notice the difference in response time. but you WILL notice the massively better colour and viewing angles if you go with IPS.

these manufacturer quoted times are all fake anyway, the biggest factor in monitor responsiveness is actually their internal image processing. most monitors are around 20ms. so that makes the few ms of panel response time irrelevant.
    i7 2700k \ 16GB \ gtx580 \ D2x \ z68x-UD5 \ m4 128GB +2TB \ Ax850 \ FT02-RW \ G15+G5+G51 \ U2711
    X100 \ 5D mkII \ 70-200 L \ 24-105 L \ 17-40 L \ 85/1.8 \ 270ExII \ 430ExII \ X1.1a \ Hadley Pro -- Photostreamr