Thread: jumping cursor on nSpire Pro 2350 laptop

Newcomer
    Thanks

Sad jumping cursor on nSpire Pro 2350 laptop

Can anyone out there please help. I have recently purchased this laptop and it is proving to be a nightmare. My daughter is trying to type her dissertation on it, but whilst typing the cursor suddenly jumps all over the place, so random letters are then going into other words, so she is having to spend time deleting and clicking back where she was. Having owned 5 laptops within the family, we have never experienced this before and it is making it an impossibility to type on.

Novatech Uber Techie
    Thanks

Hi Kapa

Welcome to the forums.

Please try going to the system tray (the icon area next to the date/time, bottom right in the screen), locating the touchpad utility (you might have to cick on a small up-arrow icon first), opening that by double clicking on it. There is an option in there to disable the touchpad whilst typing.
    I'd give you more exact instructions but I'm at home and I can't quite remember the exact option.

Let me know how you get along with that.

Mike
    Novatech Managed Services/Network Operations Centre

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Newcomer
    Thanks

Thank you Mike for your speedy response. I have followed your instructions and hopefully it will be successful. Will let you know later if it is still proving a little 'jumpy'!!

Newcomer
    Thanks

Hi Mike

We still appear to have a jumpy cursor. Does the disable function not last until you choose to put it back on? It is really frustrating when typing.

Karen

Novatech Staff Member Ryan L. Drake's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello Kapa,

If your problems have continued, please contact our tech support department via livechat or telephone. There is an updated driver that may be applicable for your unit (depending when it was purchased).

I hope this helps.
    I work for Novatech on the business support desk.

If you require urgent support, require product or availability information, or are wishing to speak with us,
    please contact using either the
    phone or via Novatech Live Chat, during opening hours.

My posts on this forum are of my own personal views, experience and opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinion of Novatech Ltd.