Thread: Website Ordering fault?

Newcomer
    Thanks

Default Website Ordering fault?

Hi all,

Last wednesday I attempted to place an order and got an error message on an in stock item 'item not added to basket, purchase quantity may be limited' on items that are shown as being in stock so I email Customer support and get no answer so emailed again on friday evening. I look again on saturday and am able to use the livechat to get a sort of answer that they're looking into the problem.

I have tried all sorts of items on the website and this fault is random not always affecting the same items but always those I'm wanting to buy (typical).

Anyone else having the same problem?

Jim
    Last edited by itwasthedog; 30-04-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Administrator (Web Developer) KevinC's Avatar
    Thanks

Apologies for no one being able to solve your problem so far. Can you tell me what you were trying to order and I will look into this for you immediately.

Novatech Staff Member ScottYalloP's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello Jim,

If you could send me an email directly on Scott.yallop@novatech.co.uk I will take a look into the email situation for yourself.

Thank you.

Newcomer
    Thanks

Hi all,

Kevinc, these are the items I was looking at. Yes, I know they're not all that exciting!

PR-?P4PIN : consistently returns the fault
    AKA-HC05BK : intermittent, worked the first time and occasionally since (special order item)
    CAB-USB2M : intermittent, worked the first time and occasionally since
    NOV-USBFDD : same as above though now out of stock
    I have tried the main site in both Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox but it is has the same fault in both.
    I have tried other items in the components section and everything I click on gives the same error and also in the Peripherals section the same thing is happening. This makes me wonder if an item has sold out but is still showing stock on another system possibly triggering a software error. That’s my theory anyway feel free to shoot it down!

Scott, when I spoke on LiveChat (I should have said in the original posting) the guy I was speaking to was aware of the email I'd sent so they are getting through but because I asked on LiveChat I would think that they would have decided that as an answer was given there was no need to send a reply. This does not however excuse them for not answering the email sent on wednesday assuming it got through that is.

I'll send a test email through to you and see if it works.

Thank you both for responding

Jim
    If at first it doesn't boot try a bigger hammer

Administrator (Web Developer) KevinC's Avatar
    Thanks

OK it would appear that the problem was the ? in the 4 pin power connector stockcode causing some problems with parts of the basket.

You will need to clear your cookies on both of your browsers (to stop future problems) and then when re-adding the items the code is now CAB-P4PIN.

I have successfully added these to my basket and can see them in the main basket page... Any further problems or if you need any help with clearing the cookies on the browsers please let me know.

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Last edited by KevinC; 01-05-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Newcomer
    Thanks

Hi Kevin and Scott,

Just to confirm the problem has been resolved and the order placed.

Thank you both for your assistance in this matter.

Jim
    If at first it doesn't boot try a bigger hammer