Thread: Internet Explorer Cookie Handling and Blocking Spyware/Tracking Cookies

Newcomer
    Thanks

Default Internet Explorer Cookie Handling and Blocking Spyware/Tracking Cookies

Deleted due to the unhelpful and overcritical replies.

I won't bother trying to help next time.
    Last edited by itwasthedog; 01-05-2012 at 08:09 PM.
    If at first it doesn't boot try a bigger hammer

Thanks

I'm sure this is all very useful but who uses Internet Explorer???

Browser-Wars.jpg

Newcomer
    Thanks

Hi Pendragonuk,

Everybody I know does some because they cannot get on with other browsers or because it does what they want it to do. It works fine for me loading my home page in two seconds flat and is generally very fast. If people find it slow try clearing the cookie cache, that is normally where the problem lays either that or all the useless add-ons slowing things down or making it crash.

I'll admit to using Firefox but that is mainly for youtube because it has a very good adblocker.....

Jim

Thanks

I'm with Pen, I don't know many people who us IE anymore. The majority use FireFox and the rest on Chrome.

Thanks

I use Chrome, I was a Firefox fan but it got fat and slow. Firefox has solved it's "Slow" issues of late but there is no way I could use IE anymore. I use multiple computers and I rely on sync to have the bookmarks and everything the same on each computer. Also I don't use Windows for everything... IE integrates well with MS products I don't use like Live, Hotmail, Skydrive. I use Google mail calendar and Drive all of these things work better with Chrome, and of course Chrome works on Linux.

All of the reviews that test the different browsers Chrome always come out on top. I guess it's personal choice, but in my opinion IE has never been good. It was rubbish in the beginning when the world used Netscape, Firefox was always better, Opera too. Pretty much everything is better than IE...

Thanks

Does it matter, what was the issue Dog?

Newcomer
    Thanks

The issue is that I took the time and trouble to write a guide that may be useful to some people only to get two replies calling it useless because those two individuals don't use the program it was for.

I had a couple of other guides I was going to write that were general and not tied to any program but now I'm not going to bother.

Novatech Uber Techie
    Thanks

Guys please keep in mind that this is not really a debate section but one for guides/helping people. Therefore as much as debate is very much encouraged elsewhere on the forums it's best left off in this area.
    Last edited by Mike; 02-05-2012 at 07:18 PM. Reason: types/edit
    Novatech Managed Services/Network Operations Centre

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itwasthedog View Post
    The issue is that I took the time and trouble to write a guide that may be useful to some people only to get two replies calling it useless because those two individuals don't use the program it was for.

I had a couple of other guides I was going to write that were general and not tied to any program but now I'm not going to bother.

Well fwiw I'd welcome a read of it, so don't be put off by the other two, they're normally quite helpful around here, see it as just getting off on the wrong foot, if you want to post things that maybe helpful to others then you do so mate it's a free forum.

Apprentice
    Thanks

I use IE, but that is because at school they use watchguard firewall and disable external HTTPS and issue their own certificate which doesn't work properly therefore causing display issues. IE will display the page properly!