Thread: Barebones Bundle BB-I7278D

Newcomer
    Thanks

Default Barebones Bundle BB-I7278D

Hi All

Im back after about 6/7 years away but couldnt remember me old log in details anyway on Thursday 26th April I orderd Bundle BB-I7278D it said stock due in today so I thought thats ok and it said in the details that accounting for the fact some parts were out of stock it should arrive on the 1st of May today if I paid for next day delivery which I did. The next day I checked site to see if things were now in stock but the bundle (BB-I7278D) had been removed from the website . Today as it didnt turn up I spoke to someone on live chat and they said they were still waiting for stock but it should be with me by the end of the week so another day off work awaiting deliver . Any way the only part I dont get is all the parts to this bundle seem to be instock if bought seperatly how does that work?

Thanks

Stock is stock, bundles are subject to assembly, they will deliver bud.

Thanks

Might be caught up in the Ivy bridge release, and that's why the one orders is no longer listed. I'm guessing from the part number it's an i7 bundle. If that's the case you may want to talk to someone about what you have ordered and what you would like to see turn up. I would hate to think that you would miss out on a new 3rd gen Intel Core i7 and motherboard with the new Ivy Bridge chipset all because of a few days...

Newcomer
    Thanks

I orderd an i7 2700k bundle and although iv been away for a while iv done a small amount of research and I dont think there is much to be gained from Ivy bridge (correct if im wrong pls) so if what I have orderd turns up ill be happy. Im just getting a bit twitchy as im away on holiday next week so need it to get here before I go.

Thanks

There is a 10 to 15% increase in performance. There will be a small saving in power and it should run cooler and therefore quieter, but not by much. Anyhow it's latest and greatest and if you can get it you should. The big Sandy vs Ivy question is should you upgrade, at that point the answer is probably no. However if you are building a new system there is no advantage in not run Ivy.

Newcomer
    Thanks

Ok iv got £600/650 to spend ill reuse old hdds and dvd drive. For graphics I was looking at getting Asus GTX550Ti. What would you suggest I go for? This might be the wrong place for this post but its done now I have stoped my other and will now wait till im back off me hols to order so iv got more time to think about this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UK_MADMONSTA1 View Post
    Ok iv got £600/650 to spend ill reuse old hdds and dvd drive. For graphics I was looking at getting Asus GTX550Ti. What would you suggest I go for? This might be the wrong place for this post but its done now I have stoped my other and will now wait till im back off me hols to order so iv got more time to think about this.

You don't want a 550Ti trust me, min is 560/560Ti or 7850 cards.

Get the Ivy now you've cancelled unless the Sandy price drops, from what I've read so far it's a hotter runner for not much more puff, infact if I didn't know better it's simply an excuse to up the graphics from 3000HD to 4000HD and tweak it so PCI-E3 is catered for now the cards are appearing to support it, one review I saw said if you ain't got Sandy get Ivy but if you have then stick with Sandy.hth.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Musthaveittoday View Post
    You don't want a 550Ti trust me, min is 560/560Ti or 7850 cards.

Get the Ivy now you've cancelled unless the Sandy price drops, from what I've read so far it's a hotter runner for not much more puff, infact if I didn't know better it's simply an excuse to up the graphics from 3000HD to 4000HD and tweak it so PCI-E3 is catered for now the cards are appearing to support it, one review I saw said if you ain't got Sandy get Ivy but if you have then stick with Sandy.hth.
    Given that the cheapest GTX560 in stock is nearly 50% more. We dont if the pc is mainly used for gaming and if so it could be light gaming.

Ivy is more power efficient. Seen a review of Ivy v SB at with Ivy at 4.7 and SB at 5.0, Ivy sucked less power by 40w.

i7 950 4Ghz, Asus Sabertooth, Patriot Sector 7 6GB, Inno3D GTX580, Nova Powerstation 1000w, Yellow/black Silverstone TJ07, XSPC Rasa, EK GTX580 block, Black Ice GTS 360, Liang D5

Thanks

Treu but to get Ivy up to that kind of OC you'd prolly need to WC

Thanks

Was done on Noctua DH14, was a little toasty but fine.

i7 950 4Ghz, Asus Sabertooth, Patriot Sector 7 6GB, Inno3D GTX580, Nova Powerstation 1000w, Yellow/black Silverstone TJ07, XSPC Rasa, EK GTX580 block, Black Ice GTS 360, Liang D5

Thanks

From reading around (I want one so am researching) it very much depends on the chip.

Many people report not being able to get to 4.7 without using 1.3 v which pushes the temps right up. Some people are stable with less than that. I think I'd make an assumption that your not going to get much more than 4.5 on air and if you get more then you'll be chuffed.