Thread: Problems - talktalk to blueyonder email issues

Thanks

Default Problems - talktalk to blueyonder email issues

I use thunderbird - outlook express and gmail as my mail clients - my ISP is talktalk.
    Until last week it was 90% thunderbird until I found that any mail to blueyonder addresses was not reaching the intended recipient - whereas if sent by gmail all was well.

Have had no problems before and no hardware or software changes have been made recently. I am computer literate, and have double-checked all my settings.

Keep in mind also, that mail to any other email address continues without fault as before. Every blueyonder address I try, meets with the same problem. Never once have I received a non-delivery notification.

Mail from blueyonder does not reach me at my talktalk address - but blueyonder mail will reach me if sent to my gmail address.
    Your thoughts will be appreciated.
    Last edited by Purgatory; 26-12-2012 at 08:50 AM.
    Purgatory

Thanks

This has now been solved (unusual ending!!)
    I have 2 pc's + a laptop.
    Approx 2+ weeks ago, I could no longer send /receive mail from blueyonder addresses. After a lot of fannying around, found that the email scanners in Avast free were the culprit. Why it should be selective to blueyonder addresses only remains a complete mystery however.
    Did a temp change to all three, installing AVG 2012 free - this immediately cured the problem!

As an aside, AVG has certainly come on some since I last used it in the early 2000's!
    Last edited by Purgatory; 26-12-2012 at 08:55 AM.
    Purgatory