Thread: U50SI Wireless Default ON BIOS

Thanks

Default U50SI Wireless Default ON BIOS

Please find download link for BIOS update to address wireless lan function on Novatech Axses (X15) Notebooks.

This BIOS will change the default wireless function on system boot from OFF to ON. Wireless will enable when OS starts to boot so that wireless function is ready when reaching windows.

http://www.e-weekly.co.uk/download/U50SI_V112N.iso

Please note that BIOS flashing is done at customers own risk. Please contact our technical team should you require assistance.

You will need to burn the ISO image to CD using writing program that can burn ISO image. Then boot system from the CD and follow on screen instructions.

Regards
    John Cooper
    R&D / Production Manager
    Novatech Ltd - Portsmouth HQ

Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / Intel Core i7 920 / 6GB DDR3 G.Skill PI Black Edition / Zotac GTX470 1280MB / Corsair TX850 / Creative X-Fi Titanium

Newcomer
    Thanks

Default Re: U50SI Wireless Default ON BIOS

Hi Coops, could you tell me, do you have any plans for further bios revisions for the U50SI? I am interested in seeing a more comprehensive range of settings, or alternately do you know of any other vendors bios which might run it, such as the Advent 5301; this appears to be an almost identical spec machine! :?:
    If in doubt ... tweak!

Thanks

Currently we have no further plans to change the U50SI BIOS. Obviously BIOS updates will continue as and when required to do with fixes for units issue if any occur.

It is very rare now to see notebook BIOS with lots of settings, this is simply because there is not a lot really that end user can change. Also a lot of it has to be controlled because of the very nature of laptops and allowing end user to alter these settings could have other issues, Especially if allowed to change ot alter voltages and system clock speeds. Controlling of thermals in laptop is very important so controlling the factors that add to this is also important.
    What kind of things are you actually looking for as you never said.

As for other BIOS. The answer to this question is no, for obvious reasons. We have no control over BIOS that was not issued by Novatech. Using BIOS from another vendor could potential leave notebook in non working state. BIOS is not something to mess around with!!! You can quickly take an expensive working system to an expensive broken system costing time and money to get fixed. Just cause unit looks the same or spec is the same does not mean that the BIOS is the same. The BIOS is designed to work the specific mainboard and revision of mainboard in the unit.
    I obviously cannot and would not ever recommend the use of any other BIOS than the one Novatech has provided and approved. Any issues generated by using BIOS from another vendor would obviously invalidate your warranty with us. However obviously the choice is yours to make as is the risk.

Best Regards
    John Cooper
    R&D / Production Manager

Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / Intel Core i7 920 / 6GB DDR3 G.Skill PI Black Edition / Zotac GTX470 1280MB / Corsair TX850 / Creative X-Fi Titanium

Newcomer
    Thanks

I have tried using the download iso file to update my bios.

The utility returns an error message referring to memory management 386.

I am using Win 2k as my operating system.

Hany hints as to a route I might take to upgrade my bios?

Thanks

The ISO file needs to be burned to a CD using a program that can write ISO image.

Boot your system from the CD.

You should see a menu come up.

Follow instructions on screen.

Please can you confirm at exactly which stage you get the error and what the exact error message is. Have you reached the Menu, Is it during CD boot etc etc
    John Cooper
    R&D / Production Manager

Newcomer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coops
    The ISO file needs to be burned to a CD using a program that can write ISO image.

Please can you confirm at exactly which stage you get the error and what the exact error message is. Have you reached the Menu, Is it during CD boot etc etc
    Thanks Coops.

The mistake I was making was not booting from the cd, job now done, vast improvement, thanks again.

Regards

Terry Carter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carterfamily

Thanks Coops.

The mistake I was making was not booting from the cd, job now done, vast improvement, thanks again.

Regards

Terry Carter

No problem =) Glad its sorted

Regards
    John Cooper
    R&D / Production Manager

Newcomer
    Thanks

Just read this post with interest as I think my new laptop does this. However my laptop shows as BIOS v 1.2 and the download looks like v 1.12. Can someone confirm the download, and if possible the latest sales BIOS versions please?

Thanks

Evening coops does this fix work on the older e15 as well my order code was model NNB-587 or just the newer x15 thanks

Asrock P67 Extreme 6. 3570k.8GB Geil black dragons.Coolermaster 412s. EVGA GTX 770 Superclocked.Samsung 840 250GB SSD. OCZ Vertex plus 120GB.WD 500 GB Blue. Samsung F3 500GB. XFX 650w *** Psu. Creative gigaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Fractal R2 XL case. Samsung SM-2433BW 24" Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse. Laptop an X80R which rocks.

Thanks

This BIOS is for both the X15 and E15 ( NOT HOWEVER THE X15 GS)

Please look on the Base of your unit. If the Model you have is U50SIx ( x = a number) then this is the BIOS for you.
    John Cooper
    R&D / Production Manager

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fixit9660
    Just read this post with interest as I think my new laptop does this. However my laptop shows as BIOS v 1.2 and the download looks like v 1.12. Can someone confirm the download, and if possible the latest sales BIOS versions please?
    Yes the BIOS is Version 1.12

Are you sure you have this model unit. We never shipped this unit with BIOS V1.2
    John Cooper
    R&D / Production Manager

Thanks

Thanks coops i will give it a go

Asrock P67 Extreme 6. 3570k.8GB Geil black dragons.Coolermaster 412s. EVGA GTX 770 Superclocked.Samsung 840 250GB SSD. OCZ Vertex plus 120GB.WD 500 GB Blue. Samsung F3 500GB. XFX 650w *** Psu. Creative gigaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Fractal R2 XL case. Samsung SM-2433BW 24" Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse. Laptop an X80R which rocks.

Newcomer
    Thanks

Hi Guys,

For the record this bios also works just fine and dandy in an Advent 5302 (U50SI2).

The wireless OFF by default, whilst slightly more secure, is a complete pain - nice job novatech

Resorted to using this one as I can't even access thetechguys website (firewalled at the nth hop according to visualroute...?... weird) and best of all this bios gets rid of that ugly advent banner on boot hurrah!

Cheers,
    tAz

Thanks

Cheers coops your a star work brilliant and connects no problem im impressed thanks again

Newcomer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fixit9660
    Yes the BIOS is Version 1.12

Are you sure you have this model unit. We never shipped this unit with BIOS V1.2
    Ah yes you're right, my mistake, I DO have 1.12, sorry. Glad one of us is on the ball!

Newcomer
    Thanks

Is there a bios file to make the bios default to off, even with a replacement to the original laptop and a wireless bios update I rarely get a solid 54 mbs, on my other laptop from a different maker I always get a solid 54 mbs from the same router, was thinking of getting a separate wireless dongle and switching off internal wireless!!