15" W950JU Laptop Boot Failure

I Have a 15" Laptop (model W950JU with a SSD 250GB HD) with Windows 10 on it and it has failed to boot up. I have hardly used it. I shall try me best to describe what happens and would appreciate any suggestions to rectify the problem.

I press the power button which lights up and a green light comes on, on the front of the Laptop. Nothing appears on the screen at all, then after about 1 minute the fan comes on and the green light on the front of the Laptop changes to flashing orange for approximately 2 minutes then the whole machine shuts down. At no point does anything come up on the screen.

I have repeated this many times both with it plugged in and on battery with the same result.

I would really appreciate any pointers as I have hardly used the machine.

Thanks in advance Rob

Just because the laptop has hardly been used, it doesn’t mean as an electronic device it can’t develop faults.

Can you try unplugging the charger, removing the battery and holding the power button down for about 15-20 seconds and then trying to boot up again?

Hi Luke,

I tried your suggestion and still the same outcome.

R.

Possibly a hardware issue then unfortunately, if the device is in warranty it’s worth contacting Novatech support from the main website to start a return process.