64 or 32 Bit Windows 10 for an Nspire C15?

I’m carrying out a clean reinstall of my Laptop, which version of Windows 10 should I use 32, or 64 Bit?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon, with my very best wishes

John

Hi John,

64-bit is the standard these days, and is required if your machine has more than 3GB of RAM.

Hope this helps,
Ryan

Thanks, Ryan,

I’ve reinstalled Windows 7 on my Nspire C15B. However, I cannot get a wireless internet connection and use an ethernet cable. Before reinstalling Windows 7, Windows 10 was the operating system, and the wireless connection was excellent, I m sure I downloaded the correct drivers installing them all.

Can you help me with my wireless connection, please?

John

Hi again John,

So that I can help you with this can you open up a run command (Windows Key + R together on the keyboard) and type devmgmt.msc - and then press OK. This will open up the Device Manager.

You should see the hardware devices of your PC listed in categories, there will be a category “Network adapters” and possibly another “Other devices”. Can you advise what devices you have in each of those two categories and if there are any exclamation or question mark symbols on those devices please?

On any devices with exclamation or question mark icons, right click and choose properties and you should see a device status listed which will inform of the issue, this information would be excellent.

I can then help you further,

Kind Regards,
Ryan

Hello, Again Ryan,

Thanks for the prompt reply and advice, I have sent you two screenshots labelled one and two and found the Network Controller had no drivers, these were unavailable to me.

John

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply, indeed this does confirm that the drivers for your wireless card are not installed. Are you able please to go back through the drivers which you have downloaded and double check you have run the given installer in the folder for Wireless / Wi-Fi / WLAN ?

If not, can you go to the details tab, then choose Hardware IDs and then copy and paste the string of letters/numbers so that I can lookup which WiFi chip you have fitted please?

Thanks & I hope this helps,

Ryan

Hi Ryan

Thank you I have wireless back on my laptop, and its the laptop I have another question about.

How would I find the camera drivers for this laptop, please?

John

Hi again John

You’re welcome, on the same window you should see the category “Imaging Devices”, if you expand this one you should find the drivers are already installed - if not load those from the “Camera” folder - and the camera can then work with whichever software you are using for video calling, etc.

I hope this helps

Ryan

Thank you Ryan, Since posting the question about drivers I came across a Cd that got both my laptop and desktop up and running.

The “Imaging Devices” post is one I shall look into

Regards

John