We all need a little helping hand with our computer products from time to time. From figuring out a problem, or just asking for advice on a new build; this category is the place to ask your questions.
Just remember that the people here trying to help you may not be Novatech staff. Some are purely IT enthusiasts, some are just here for the chat, but we are all here to help each other.
If you have bought a product or a computer from Novatech and need support then the best place to get it is either via calling our Helpdesk on 02392 322500 or using our Livechat service which you find here
If you’re seeking technical support on a computer issue then please include some basic information to aid everyone in helping you:
- Which operating system are you using? Windows 7, Windows 10, heaven forbid Windows ME, or Linux. Let us know up front.
- The make and model of your CPU.
- The make and model of your Motherboard.
- How much RAM you have installed; make, model and how many slots are populated are all helpful when troubleshooting a thorny issue.
- The make and model of your Graphics card and which version of driver you are using.
- Quite important one this, and often overlooked; the make and model of your PSU and it’s rated output in Watts.
- Size, type and number of hard drives (SATA, PATA[IDE]) installed.
If you’re not sure how to identify your hardware then the following tools can help you:
If you are seeing a particular error message then please note down the specific text of the error message.