I was hoping to pick your brains regarding my PC that has developed annoying issue, for some
reason when I boot up my PC you can hear the fans etc. start up but no signal is sent to my monitor. When this happens I am unable to reset or use the power button to restart the machine & everything is still running within the case. The only way to rectify this I have to crawl under my desk, flip the PSU switch & pull out the mains lead to shut it off. I then wait a few seconds (10 – 15) plug in the mains, flip the PSU switch & boot up the PC using the front power button. It then starts working fine (intensive gaming, flight simming & the usual web use with no issues) until I shut it down.
When I go back to it (hours or days later) I have to go through this all again.
I’ve tried the following to rectify the problem;
· Reseated the components,
· Checked the Bios for any booting issues,
· Checked for driver issues,
· A complete fresh installation of Windows 10 & required drivers.
The PC is one I built almost a year ago with components mainly purchased through Novatech, the following bits were brand new;
· Intel Core i7 - 6700K CPU
· ASRock Z170 Extreme6 Motherboard
· G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM
· Samsung 500GB SSD.
The other components were transferred over from my old PC;
· MSI AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB GPU (nearly 3 yrs old)
· OCZ Mod XStream-Pro 700w PSU (over 4 yrs old)
· Asus MX299Q 29" 2560x1080 IPS Ultra Widescreen Monitor.
The only thing I haven’t done is take the Motherboard & components out of the case & put it all back again.
This problem started around 2 months ago & is getting progressively worse as time goes on.