Getting Hot When Recharging Battery

Good morning everyone,

I would like to know what is causing my laptop’s bottom left-hand corner to get hot.

I’ve observed it only happens when recharging the battery.

I look forward to your response.

With my very best wishes to you all.

John

Hi John

As temperature can be subjective, it depends on what you mean by hot. However during the battery charging phase some heat will be expected around the charging circuit on the MB used to charge the battery. Depending on battery capacity at time of charging this can vary. As a higher current will be flowing through the charger when the battery is at a lower capacity. This will reduce as the battery approaches full and as such heat will reduce. Once battery stops charging then this heat should disappear. As most laptops casings act as heat sinks these days as well it can cause warm spots depending on system operation. The heat produced however should not be that hot that its to hot to touch or in any way causing the chassis to deform or discolour. Anything like that would need inspected.

In addition to COOPS response as regards to this issue,

John, check by replacing the battery which is the culprit. You will notice the heat won’t be as hot as it was before.

Regards.

Hi COOPS,

Thank you for responding to my question. I’d like to keep you posted when putting your advice into action.

Are you okay with that?

With my very best wishes.

John