Notebook will not power up

Hi,
My brother in law has given me his ‘old’ Novatech M67 SRU 19v Notebook. Apparently it has not been charged or used for years! Problem is it won’t switch on. The adapter light is on and there is a yellow light showing on the front of the notebook. When I press the notebook ‘switch on’ button the green light flashes (briefly) but nothing happens. I don’t want to waste money on a new battery if it is likely to be something more serious!
I would appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers

Anthony

Please try the following first
1 Remove the battery and make sure the power supply isn’t plugged in.
2 Press and hold down the power button for at least 30 seconds.
3 Put the battery back in and plug in the power supply/charger and press the power button and see if it starts.
4 If it doesn’t power up then repeat 1 and 2 and then leave the battery out, plug in the charger and try to boot without the battery.

If the unit is still not functional, The next thing to check would be the voltage of the CMOS Battery to make sure its not dead.

Other than that it could be a potential MB Fault if CMOS battery is Good and unit still wont start up even with main system battery disconnected.

Hi John.
Many thanks for the prompt reply and your advice. I would not have thought about the CMOS battery. The CMOS is registering 1.62v rather than the normal 3v which I presume could be the problem? If it is the next challenge is finding one!

Regards

Tony.