Novatech Laptop A15HE WIFI problem on Windows 10

Hi,

After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on Novatech A15HE Laptop, the Wifi won’t turn on. The switch is grayed out under the Windows network settings panel.

There is no physical switch for the Wifi, only a “soft” (touch sensitive) switch above the keyboard so I think this might have something to do with drivers for those soft keys.

I was forced to switch back to Windows 7. Any help would be appreciated. Even an application which can turn the Wifi on/off would be a step in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

Hi there,

A15HE doesn’t have driver support under Win10. The below thread is also relevant to your model

Thanks for responding Ryan. I will try the PHOTKEY s/w referred to in the other thread and feedback my results.

Yep, that seems to have got the hotkeys working.
And the wifi works too now.
Thanks for your help !

1 Like

Sadly I spoke too soon. The next day I couldn’t get the wifi working after resuming from hibernate. I tried rebooting and various things (including deleting the Atheros wifi adapter and re-installing the latest Atheros drivers). Bizarrely I was able to get the wifi working on two occasions (randomly) throughout the day, but this was with much faffing and no rhyme or reason.

I don’t think this is a hotkey issue, I think it’s a problem with the Atheros Wifi adapter drivers.

I have switched back to Windows 7 and sadly I think I’ll have to leave it like that.

Sorry to hear that, it might be worth considering swapping out the wireless adapter for another, if Windows 10 is where you want to be. It is a mini PCIe card in this model.

Alternatively it might be worth taking a look over https://www.atheros.cz/ and seeing if your wireless card has a generic driver. I would suggest searching by device hardware ID so you know that you’re looking at the right wireless card. This page might help you to locate the wireless card’s hardware ID http://www.wikihow.com/Find-Hardware-ID

I hope this is helpful

Hi Ryan,

I tried again but still just as flaky.

H/W Id string is: PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&SUBSYS_0C031B9A&REV_01
Google tells me this is Atheros AR9002WB-1NG.
I downloaded and installed the Win10 64bit drivers for this
from www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.html.
Adapter properties now look like this:

Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter
Driver Provider: Qualcomm Atheros Communications Inc.
Driver Date: 9/6/2015
Driver Version: 10.0.0.326
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

Interestingly, the wifi works immediately after the Windows 10 upgrade (before installing the above driver) but not on subsequent reboot.

It’s working right now, but seems to come on only when it feels like it.
I’ll reboot and if it doesn’t work I’ll probably have to go back to Windows 7 again.

Thanks for the helpful advice about trying a different adapter. It might be the only way forward for me, but I’ll only bother with it if I’m ever forced to go to Windows 10.

Thanks,
John