Novatech nFinity n1410 WiFi not working anymore!

Hi there!

I’m hoping someone out there can help me with this. Ever since I bought this laptop over 3 years ago, I’ve had a love-hate relationship with its WiFi capability. At home I’d never really have any issues, but at University I’d often have problems with consistently receiving a stable connection even though I’d never have a problem connecting to the same WiFi through my smartphone.

Recently however, it seems to have completely given out. I now can’t actually access anything requiring an internet connection even if the network status appears as connected to the respective WiFi source, nothing loads whatsoever.

I’ve searched online and come across other articles and posts - none of which have matched my precise predicament - and all the solutions I’ve seen for them so far have had no effect for me.

I can’t connect to the internet to see if new drivers may be available - I tried to download the Windows 8.1 drivers on the novatech site on my desktop PC to possibly pass over to my laptop locally and then install, but the link to download the driver seems broken, it just opens another tab of the same page.

This laptop uses the Intel Centrino Wireless-N Network adapter and the current driver version states it’s: 15.10.0.12

I’ve tried disabling and re-enabling the network adapter - even between restarts & shutdowns. I’ve tried disabling the wireless-n mode to run off wireless g. I’ve changed the wireless n band frequency to auto from the default 20 mhz. No luck so far.

Would love any help\advice or even direction on this! :slight_smile:

If there are any extra details/info that might help please let me know.

John.

Hi John,

Looking at the chassis you are using I cannot see any driver support for Windows 8.1. Do you have a link for the page that you tried to download the drivers from?

I have been advised that we do have Windows 8 drivers for this platform and they may work with this system.

These can be found HERE

It does sound likely that the cause of this issue could be using an operating system not supported by the Laptops chassis.

If these do not work, I would suggest contacting our Technical Support Team via telephone (02392 322 500 option 3) or live chat between 9am and 5.00pm Monday - Friday, and we will try to work this through with you.

Rob.

Hi Rob,

Here is the link for the page I came across instructing to download Windows 8.1 drivers: http://www.novatech.co.uk/promo/windows8.1-drivers.html

I’m downloading those drivers now and will see if they help! Will be sure to come back to let you know how it goes :slight_smile: If all else fails, I’ll contact the Tech Support Team.

Thank you for the help so far.

John.