There seems to be a little issue with the current round of Windows 10 updates knocking out your internet connection. I appreciate the Catch 22 of putting it on our forums, but here is what you can do to fix it:
- LEFT click your Windows Start icon in the bottom left
- Type “CMD” without pressing enter
- RIGHT click “Command Prompt” and choose “Run as administrator”
- Type “ipconfig /release”. Press enter
- Type “ipconfig /renew”. Press enter
- Type “ipconfig /flushdns”. Press enter
- Type “netsh int ip reset”. Press enter
- Type “netsh winsock reset”. Press enter
- Type “exit”. Press enter
All the above should be entered without the quote marks.
Stay on the desktop for about a minute. Keep an eye on your network connection by the clock. You should see a yellow exclamation on it for a moment which will then disappear. Once this goes, try your internet again. If this doesn’t work, reboot the computer at least once.
If this whole process fails to get you up and running, give us a call.