Suspicious Battery Drain

Hi

Please can someone help? Once my laptop, Novatech Model: N250WU, is not in use for several hours, the battery charge drains to zero.

The first time it happened, it was in the sleep mode (left with the capacity over 50% or higher). The next day, the power was shut down, with a very decent charge left, but the battery drained completely just as well.

The second irregularity was when I connected the charger, the battery picked up the charge rapidly, reaching 100% (from 0%) within less than 10 minutes (yesterday) and half an hour (today).

Finally, according to my Battery Health Report, there is no full charge capacity estimate for me at all - please see the attached screenshots. All the readings looked fine to me except for the final line: Current estimate of battery life based on all observed drains since OS install.

Does it mean the charge won’t hold any more?

As a new user I can only upload one image - the report’s columns headings are as follows:
Battery life estimates based on observed drains:

1. PERIOD - 2) & 3) AT FULL CHARGE (Active & Connected standby, respectively) - 4) & 5) AT DESIGN CAPACITY (Active & Connected standby, respectively)

Battery report

COMPUTER NAME DESKTOP-5K09MPS
SYSTEM PRODUCT NAME Novatech N2x0WU
BIOS 5.12 09/05/2017
OS BUILD 18362.1.amd64fre.19h1_release.190318-1202
PLATFORM ROLE Mobile
CONNECTED STANDBY Not supported
REPORT TIME 2020-06-12 19:12:12

Installed batteries

Information about each currently installed battery

BATTERY 1
NAME BAT
MANUFACTURER Notebook
SERIAL NUMBER 0001
CHEMISTRY LION
DESIGN CAPACITY 45,360 mWh
FULL CHARGE CAPACITY 41,640 mWh
CYCLE COUNT -

Yep that charge time definitely is not right. This would start to suggest that some of the cells in the battery are no longer working correctly and as such the full design capacity cannot be achieved. This would lead to a noticeable shorter usage time on battery when compared to before.

How often is the unit used on battery, how many charge cycles do you think its had. Due to the nature of Lithium Battery it might simple be at the end of its practical life and require replacement battery.

Change the battery, it happens to my phone too, a battery replacement should be enough to solve the problem.