Update BIOS/drivers

Hi there!
I have a laptop from Novatech, N870HK, but my question is more related to a general way of aproching below issue:
I want to update EC-Firmware, ME-Firmware and System BIOS. What is the procedure that Novatech recommends?

• Should I create a new topic about my problem and be later contacted by Novatech by PM and/or email for details (most likely by @COOPS )
  • Should I install the latest OEM version of BIOS from CLEVO (like the ones from here)
  • Should I send an email to Novatech explaining that I need the latest version of BIOS

Also related could I expect at some point in near future some app from Novatech checking and installing the latest drivers and bios on my system (maybe a modified control center app?)

Thank you

Marvin

Hi Marvin

Sorry I have been out of the office, I sent you an email last Wednesday to the email address linked to your forum account containing download files and instructions for the BIOS update you requested. Did you not get this??

Currently we have no plans for an app to handle BIOS update and Drivers, however we will take your comments on-board and it might be something we look at in the future.

Coops

Hello,
So, email came in Spam folder and i appologise for the delay. I forgot to check there also. I updated all without major issues.
So, if I understand correctly, the procedure to update BIOS/ME/EC will be done by asking for the update file on the forum and recieving it by email. And that an app or a tool to automate the required bios and drivers install will be decided at a later stage.
Thank you for your support.
Marvin

I also have a N870HK and yould like to update my BIOS. Also, Windows says I should update the TPM firmware, how could I go about doing that?

In order to provide you with assistance, please can you PM me your Novatech Order number or the Serial Number from the white sticker on the base of your unit in the format xxxxxxx-xxx so for example 7654321-001

Once we have this information we can assist you further.

Hmm, it seems I can’t send you a PM. It says “Sorry, you cannot send a personal message to that user.”. Wierd.

EDIT: works now, I don’t know if the forum upgraded me automatically since I lurked around a bit more or just one of the admins saw my post and gave me the rights. Anyways, thanks. I now managed to PM COOPS.

Hello …I would like to upgrade the bios of my Novatech laptop N87.

Please can someone help with this. regards

In order to provide you with assistance, please can you PM me your Novatech Order number or the Serial Number from the white sticker on the base of your unit in the format xxxxxxx-xxx so for example 7654321-001

Once we have this information we can assist you further.

Unfortunately …i cannot see anyway to PM you unless you send me your address, this page is not giving me any buttons to send private message ??? any suggestions ?

1 Like

if you click on my name you should get a window open that has the message button in it.

1 Like

Unfortunately not

1 Like

Hy there, i need a bios update for P670RS, serial: NKP670RSG006J00484. Thank you.

Hi there, i need a bios update for N870HK1 and last drivers update.
Thank you.