Upgrading my Rig

I have been languishing on an old 4th gen i5 CPU (overclocked slightly) for awhile now, and finally got fed up so decided it was about time I did something about it.

As such, yesterday I went on a bit of a shopping splurge :grin: and bought the following:

Intel Core i7 7700K 4.2GHz Socket LGA1151 Kaby Lake Processor - Retail
MSI Z270 GAMING PRO CARBON Intel Z270 (Socket 1151) Motherboard
BeQuiet! Silent Loop 240mm CPU All-in-One Water Cooler
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600 3200MHz Quad Channel Kit
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVME M.2 SSD
Phanteks Eclipse P400S Window Silent Gun Metal Mid Tower Case

I already had a Novatech 850W Black Modular PSU and an Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix Advanced Gaming Card in my old build that I could cannibalise, so that was handy :wink:.

I took a few pictures along the way and figured I’d share. Quite pleased with my cable management on this one. Usually my builds look like a cat has thrown up a meal of spaghetti inside my case.

And the finished product:

Gif is bit crappy and dark as I had to optimise it a lot to get it to upload here, but you get the general feel.

Would love to see other people’s builds on here! :+1:

2 Likes

Looking very nice CM. a sweet new rig!!

The burning question is “can it run Crysis?” :grin:

1 Like

Lol, I haven’t had the chance to install anything on it yet, but I will have to give Crysis a go :wink:

Well PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds and ARMA III run a hell of a lot better on it than they did before. Those two must have been very CPU bound given I haven’t changed the GPU :grin:

Nice upgrade mate Arma is very CPU intensive so definitely see improvement there. How we do love shiny new things lol made my wallet itch seeing this ha ha

1 Like